Crispy fried chicken tenders in a sweet and spicy honey-chipotle sauce. It doesn’t get much better than that when it comes to bar cuisine. And with this Honey Chicken Chipotle Crispers recipe, you can have your favorite bar food without leaving your home.
Honey Chicken Chipotle Crispers Ingredients
Honey-Chipotle Recipe for Sauce:
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of ketchup
- 1 tbsp. cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chipotle powder (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp spicy pepper sauce
Chicken Ingredients for Crispers:
- A quarter cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 big beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup seasoned garlic and herb dry bread crumbs
- 1 paprika teaspoon
- 1 1/2-pound skinless and boneless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 1/2 cup canola oil, or as required
- 8 potato rolls each, or as required
- 1/2 cup sliced dill pickles, or to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce, or as desired
Instructions for Honey Chicken Chipotle Crispers
- Step 1
In a small saucepan, combine ketchup, honey, vinegar, water, chili powder, salt, and spicy sauce for the honey-chipotle sauce. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat after the appropriate consistency has been reached.
- Step 2
In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, garlic salt, pepper, and chili for the chicken. Separately, place the beaten eggs. In a third bowl, combine the bread crumbs and paprika. Coat the chicken tenders in the flour mix, then the egg mixture, and finally the bread crumb mixture.
- Step 3
In a frying pan over medium heat, heat the oil. Cook until the frying is golden brown and the chicken is completely white and no longer pink or transparent in the middle, 3 to 6 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Step 4
Toss the tenders in the honey-chipotle sauce until well coated, then lay them on the bottom half of the potato rolls. Add a dill pickle round and lettuce on top of the chicken.
If the breading is cooking quicker than the chicken, reduce the temperature or put the tenders on a sheet pan and bake for 10 to 12 minutes at 425 ℉ (220 degrees C). If you want, you may spray the sauce over the chicken rather than toss it.