Table of Contents
Order healthy at Chipotle focuses on fresh ingredients and culinary ideals such as ecologically friendly sourcing. While these are positive characteristics, they are not the best predictors of how healthy the meals are.
This requires a close examination of the menu items’ contents and composition. To make it simpler to eat properly at this popular restaurant, I examined the internet for the healthiest options on the menu — as well as a few items to avoid.
What is the Best Way to Order a Healthy Meal at Chipotle?
Order healthy at Chipotle provides more veggies and whole grains than other fast-casual restaurants, although it can be rich in salt and saturated fat, as with other restaurant meals.
Use the following strategies to make use of their customizable menu:
- Choose whole-grain brown rice instead of white rice. If you’re managing your carb consumption or trying to lose weight, request a light scoop.
- Increase your veggie intake. Your vegetable objectives are met by cilantro-lime cauliflower rice, fajita vegetables, salsa, and lettuce.
- Add the beans. A scoop of black beans has 9 grams of protein and fiber, making it an excellent supplement or substitute for meat.
- Take care of the dairy toppings. A typical serving of cheese has 125 calories and 5 grams of saturated fat. A better method could be to request a small serving of cheese, which will decrease the saturated fat in half and save 55 calories from your meal. The same method applies if you’re eating sour cream. A typical dish has 7 grams of saturated fat, whereas a light meal contains half that amount.
- On the side, serve a crispy taco shell in place of chips. A standard order of Chipotle tortilla chips is roughly four servings, so this method will satisfy your appetite for crunch while keeping you to a more sensible quantity.
How Can a Chipotle Meal Be Made Healthier?
Nothing puts your willpower to the test like standing in front of Chipotle’s colorful toppings. Especially if you’ve been accustomed to a specific arrangement over time, such as adding every creamy condiment or bulking out with extra rice.
While it’s simple to create fresh-tasting and Order healthy at Chipotle, keep in mind that even when properly selected, these meals are heavy in salt, accounting for around half of the maximum amount you should consume in a day.
This is prevalent on restaurant menus, so your best strategy is to minimize the number of meals you eat out, and when you do, drink plenty of water and eat plenty of fresh fruit throughout the day to flush out all that excess salt. Potassium in fresh fruits and vegetables helps to balance the influence of salt on blood pressure.