Vegans around the United States were delighted with the debut recipe for Chipotle sofritas . Chipotle is a fast-food restaurant brand that specializes in burritos, burrito bowls, tacos, and salads. The consumer selects a protein and then selects from a variety of beans, vegetables, salsa, and other toppings.
The vegan option was to exclude the proteins entirely, as well as the optional cheese and sour cream. But now, Chipotle near me has a tofu sofritas alternative that is quite amazing!
How to Make Chipotle Sofritas?
- In a large pan, heat the oil, and then add the tofu pieces. Cook until both sides are golden brown over medium-high heat.
- Tofu may be roughly chopped into small pieces with a knife or pulsed in a food processor. Place aside.
- In the food processor (picture 4), mix all of the sauce components except the water and blend until thoroughly incorporated.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring periodically, in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the tofu to coat. Pour in 14 to 1/2 cup (65 to 125 mL) water to make it juicy. Depending on the texture you want, add more or less water. Cook for 5 minutes on medium-high heat.
What is Chipotle Sofritas?
Chipotle sofritas is an ingredient composed of chopped or shredded garlic, tofu, onion, and tomato, among other vegetables and spices. It’s full of flavor, a touch spicy and saucy, and perfect for Mexican-style dishes.
How Long will Chipotle Sofritas Keep?
If you create a large number of chipotle sofritas, store the leftovers in a covered container in the fridge for up to 1 week. You may reheat them in the microwave or over medium-high heat in a saucepan until warm enough.
How to Serve Chipotle Sofritas?
This recipe for Chipotle Sofritas goes well with Mexican-inspired meals like vegan burritos, tacos, fajitas, and even vegan burrito bowls! You may also serve it with rice, black beans, and guacamole dip. You could even use it in your salads!